Your Choice - info for parents
Know the law selected

In NSW the law generally states:

It is an offence to sell, supply or provide alcohol to someone under 18. The following offences apply:

end of a content segment

If you are hosting a party, it is important to remember that the supply of alcohol to someone who is under 18 is illegal unless you have the authorisation of their parents or guardians.

As a host, you can be deemed to have supplied alcohol to a minor if someone under 18 brings their own alcohol to your party. You may expose yourself to future civil litigation.

Party hosting tips

For more information and to register your party, visit:

Back to top